Monday, July 8, 2024

So, you know, six months between posts isn't that unusual...

It's so easy to become sidetracked and neglect something you have great plans for... My intention was to sit down at the computer each morning and, after checking the news, the weather, and my financial situation, write something here just to keep that tiny, hapless area of my brain that deals with creativity, memory, and keeping ennui at bay from completely atrophying. But that obviously didn't happen. 

However, today I have decided it is time to begin again. Is it because I have decided to speak out about the grave threat our nation faces? Not really, but I suspect it will be tricky to keep politics from seeping into these posts.  Is it because I have finally decided to accept that I am retired and have nothing better to do than slip into curmudgeonly-old-fart-with-a-blog-railing-at-the-modern-world mode? An element of truth there. Is it because I'm knee-deep in old, unnecessary paperwork that needs to be recycled or shredded depending on the confidentiality of the information contained, and am looking for any excuse to avoid doing this? (Silence.) But mainly it's still the same original intention to keep my brain from ossifying - and bring gaiety to the nations, obviously. 

So let's see if I can do it.  

Tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment